You’ve been asked to lead your first project. And, even though you appreciate the vote of confidence, you are panicking since you don’t have a clue on where to begin. You are worrying that stakeholders will tug you in a million directions, making it impossible to set clear goals, let alone deliver the project on time and budget. Plus, you’re concerned about how you will keep your team members motivated when the pressure levels get high…
Whether you’re wondering how to become a Project Manager, or you have already taken a project management role, being an accidental project manager, or a traditionally trained one: No matter which path you’ve taken, this guide will help you thrive and upscale your career through effectively facing common challenges.
The Essential Guide for Project Managers offers practical, real-world solutions for effective project management. If you’re struggling to launch your first project, keep your project organized, manage projects with limited resources and budget, or meet tight deadlines and stringent expectations, this book is made for you.
Packed with how-to essentials, this hands-on guide provides you with practical answers to your most pressing project management inquiries concerning:
- Business challenges
- Communication & Leadership
- Technical skills
The Essential Guide for Project Managers will give you the confidence you need to manage projects effectively, learning how to get better at:
- Executing projects on time and on budget
- Keeping your project organized
- Dealing with project constraints
- Managing stakeholders
- Motivating your team
- Managing Agile projects
The Essential Guide for Project Managers is a the guide to modern project management, presenting simple, practical instructions for successfully handling whatever issue you might come across.
Here’s a small sample of what the book covers:
- Common issues new project managers encounter
- Technical, communication, and leadership skills
- Leading troubled and recovered projects
- Setting the stage for success through effective planning
- Creating accurate budgets and schedules
- Efficient performance monitoring and control
- Managing project changes, issues, deliverables, and quality
- Framing and meeting stakeholders’ expectations
- Making the most of communication and collaboration tools and technologies
- Getting started with Agile project management
Whether it's managing a distressed project, embracing an agile approach, using new tools and technology to drive efficiency and improve collaboration, or resolving conflicts that occur during a project, the guidance inside will help you wear your project manager hat more prominently, and proudly.
- Size3.18 MB
- Length239 pages